ASIMUT software is located in Aarhus, Denmark. Around 70 academies in 21 countries are already using ASIMUT, including eight of the world’s ten best schools of performing arts (according to the independent QS-index). We aim to reach the same position within the field of higher education in design, visual arts and architecture.
Several of your future colleagues have a background in music and the performing arts, and we are all passionate about the arts – as we hope you are, too!
Your employment will start with a research and training phase that will prepare you for the job and lay the groundwork for ASIMUT’s expansion into the market of higher education within design, visual arts and architecture. This phase will consist of researching and identifying the leading international institutions of higher education in the field, and analysing how the requirements of these institutions differ from the majority of ASIMUT’s existing customers. The initial research and training phase will gradually transition into the following more permanent job functions:
General product development: Almost everyone at ASIMUT is involved at some level in developing ideas for improvements and new features, but the process of converting ideas into actionable development specifications is generally handled by Mads, our CEO and founder, in close dialogue with Dennis, our Head of Customer Relations. You will become part of this process, creating mock-ups and semi-functional user interface prototypes for new functionalities, and editing the development specification documents. We would like to strengthen and develop this process, focusing on rapid prototyping and UX testing.
Market segment expert: We currently have a handful of customers in the field of design and visual arts, and we are regularly in contact with institutions in this field that are interested in ASIMUT, without any direct efforts to market ASIMUT to this type of customer. Although ASIMUT in its current form has proven its value in this context, our narrow focus on our primary customer group means that there is certainly room for improvement. You will build a special relationship with our current art and design school customers by participating in workshops, user group meetings, support, etc., and ensuring that we take their perspectives into account when developing the product. You will participate in sales demonstrations and dialogue with potential customers in the segment to understand what they are looking for and how we can meet their requirements. When the time is right, you will help to qualify our efforts to more directly market ASIMUT to this segment.
Ad hoc content creation: We have a limited production of various types of content for print and online distribution – brief videos and photos for our website and social media, and printed brochures, banners etc. for our user group meetings, participation in conferences etc. We do some of this work in-house using Adobe Creative Suite (InDesign, Premiere, Photoshop, Illustrator, etc.) and we expect you to participate in this work.
- We expect you to have some years of experience in a similar role or functional area.
- You are a self-starter type and good at being focused and persistent when necessary.
- You are creative, resourceful, possess good graphic skills and have a talent for inspiring others.
- You are inquisitive and find it easy to acquire new knowledge.
- You are a people person, helpful and good at building firm relationships. You are solution-oriented, obliging, considerate and a skilled team player.
- You are also focused, meticulous and systematic, with a drive and a balanced energy that rubs off positively on the people around you.
- You have a strong sense of tact and of how to secure timely solutions to meet market and customer needs.
- You have a very strong command of written and spoken English (C2 Mastery)* and master one or more other languages such as Spanish, French or German at a high level (C1 Advanced – C2 Mastery)*. Our internal communication language is English. Danish is not a requirement.
- You enjoy working with computers and learning to use new software.
- You are probably an experienced user of the Adobe CS suite, Microsoft Office, etc.
- It is a definite advantage if you have an educational background in the field of design, visual arts or architecture.
- It is an advantage if you have any kind of experience with the administration of education, preferably from the higher education sector.
*CEFR – Common European Framework of References for Language.
If you also think the job sounds exciting, we will look forward to receiving your application and CV. You can apply via the link below. The final date for receipt of applications is 27 May 2022, at twelve noon Danish time. The recruitment process consists of the following elements: first interview 13 June, second interview 22 June. Personal profiles will be drawn up for candidates who proceed to the second interview, in advance of the meeting. An external consultant will be involved in the recruitment process.
If you have any questions, please contact: